At present, NUSI Maritime Academy, Goa conducts the following courses as per Directorate General Shipping guidelines:
A)Pre sea training courses for Ratings (General Purpose)
B) Pre sea training course for Ratings (Certificate Course in Maritime Catering)
C) STCW courses for: -
1) FPFF (Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting) & Refresher Course.
2) PST (Personal Survival Techniques) & Refresher Course.
3) PSSR (Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities).
4) EFA (Elementary First Aid).
5) PSF (Passenger Ship Familiarization).
6) STSDSD (Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties).
On successful completion of the course, certificates are issued under the authority of the Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India.
These courses will be revised and upgraded on a continuing basis to meet the changing and more demanding needs of the shipping industry worldwide. This will ensure that our trainees and Indian seafarers achieve a high level of competence to be able to compete with the best in the world.